On Tuesday June 16, 89 new cases were reported. Of these, 42 live in Flanders, 42 in Wallonia and 5 in Brussels. This brings the total number of confirmed infected people to 60 244.
The rest of the situation is as follows:
- A total of 371 patients have been admitted to hospital. Over the past 24 hours, there have been 24 new admissions.
- There are a total of 67 patients in intensive care, which is a decrease of 9 patients in the past 24 hours.
- 16 684 patients have been discharged from hospital and declared cured since 15 March, which is an increase of 57 in the past 24 hours.
- A total of 9 675 deaths have been reported, which is an increase of 13 in the past 24 hours. Of those 13 people, 3 died in hospital and 10 in a residential care centre. In the latter group, 90% were confirmed by a COVID test.
- Of the total of 9 675 people, 49% died in hospital, 50% in a residential care centre, 0.5% in other residential communities and 0.6% at home or elsewhere. Most hospital deaths (95%) are confirmed cases. The deaths in residential care centres were both confirmed (27%) and suspected (73%) cases.
The virus has not disappeared from Belgian territory. Keep on following the tips to protect yourself and your family .
If you are ill (fever, coughing, respiratory problems, etc.), then please follow the advice of the FPS Public Health and:
- stay at home
- contact your doctor directly by telephone
- follow the recommendations on the website https://www.info-coronavirus.be/en/.