On Monday April 14, 530 new cases were reported. 332 patients reside in Flanders, 129 in Wallonia and 62 in Brussels. We have no information about the place of residence of the other 7 cases.
Since the beginning of the pandemic, 31 119 cases of Covid-19 infections have been detected.
Furthermore, the situation is as follows:
- A total of 5 536 patients have been admitted to hospital. In the last 24 hours, there were 242 new admissions.
- A total of 1 223 patients have been admitted to intensive care units, an decrease of 11 in the last 24 hours.
- Since 15 March, 6 868 patients have recovered and have been discharged from hospital, an increase of 161 in the last 24 hours.
- A total of 4 157 people have died, an increase of 262 in the last 24 hours.
- Of the 4 157 people who died, 52% died in hospital, 46% in a rest and care home, 0.4% at home, 0.5% in another place, 1.2% in an unkwown place. All deaths in hospital are confirmed cases. Deaths in rest or care homes are either confirmed or suspected cases.
- A total of 2 149 people have died in hospital, an increase of 90 in the last 24 hours.
- A total of 1 919 people have died in rest or care homes. Among them 58 people are confirmed Covid-19 cases and 1 861 are suspect cases. During the last 24 hours, 171 people have died in rest and care homes. Among them, 2 persons are confirmed Covid-19 cases and 169 persons are suspect cases.
The number of cases in our country is increasing. The number of hospitalizations is stabilizing, but remains fairly high. So, stand fast and apply the general measures, take care of yourself and of the others.
Are you sick (fever, cough, breathing problems, …)?
- Stay home.
- Contact immediately your treating doctor.
- Follow the recommendations on this website: https://www.info-coronavirus.be. By doing so, everyone can help slow down the spread of the epidemic and protect the most vulnerable people.
Click here for a daily updated report on the (inter)national epidemiological situation of the coronavirus published by Sciensano (available in French and Dutch only).