On Saturday April 11, 1 629 new cases were reported. 1 003 patients reside in Flanders, 461 in Wallonia and 143 in Brussels. We have no information about the place of residence of the other 22 cases.
Since the beginning of the pandemic, 29 647 cases of Covid-19 infections have been detected.
Furthermore, the situation is as follows:
- A total of 5 353 patients have been admitted to hospital. In the last 24 hours, there were 392 new admissions.
- A total of 1 223 patients have been admitted to intensive care units, a decrease of 39 in the last 24 hours.
- Since 15 March, 6 463 patients have recovered and have been discharged from hospital, an increase of 477 in the last 24 hours.
- A total of 3 600 people have died, an increase of 268 in the last 24 hours.
- Of the 3 600 people who died, 54% died in hospital, 41% in a rest and care home, 0% at home and 3% in another place.
The number of cases in our country is increasing. The number of new hospitalizations is stabilizing, but remains fairly high. So, stand fast and apply the general measures, take care of yourself and of the others.
Are you sick (fever, cough, breathing problems, …)?
- Stay home.
- Contact immediately your treating doctor.
- Follow the recommendations on this website: https://www.info-coronavirus.be. By doing so, everyone can help slow down the spread of the epidemic and protect the most vulnerable people.
Click here for a daily updated report on the (inter)national epidemiological situation of the coronavirus published by Sciensano (available in French and Dutch only).