On Monday 27 April, 647 new cases were reported. 215 patients live in Flanders, 306 in Wallonia and 117 in Brussels. We have no information as to where the other 9 cases live. This brings the total number of confirmed infected people to 47 334.
Furthermore, the situation is as follows:
- A total of 3 976 patients have been admitted to hospital. In the last 24 hours, there were 123 new admissions.
- A total of 876 patients are in intensive care units, a decrease of 27 patients in the last 24 hours.
- Since 15 March, 10 943 patients have recovered and have been discharged from hospital, an increase of 65 in the last 24 hours.
- A total of 7 331 people have died, an increase of 134 in the last 24 hours. With regard to these 134 deaths, 67 have occured in hospital and 64 in a rest and care home. In the latter group, 80% are confirmed Covid-19 cases.
- Of the 7 331 people who died, 46% died in hospital, 53% in a rest and care home, 0.3% at home and 0.4% elsewhere. The hospital deaths are all confirmed cases. The deaths in rest homes are both confirmed (12%) and suspected (88%) cases.
The number of people confirmed infected in Belgium is still increasing. The number of new hospitalisations is stabilizing, but remains fairly high. So persevere and follow the general measures, take good care of yourself and of others.
Are you sick? (fever, coughing, respiratory problems, etc.) Then follow the advice of the FPS Public Health and:
- stay at home
- contact your doctor directly by telephone
- follow the recommendations on the website https://www.info-coronavirus.be/en/. That way, everyone will help to slow the progress of the pandemic and protect the most vulnerable among us.