On Saturday 25 April, 809 new cases were reported. 388 patients live in Flanders, 351 in Wallonia and 59 in Brussels. We have no information as to where the other 11 cases live. This brings the total number of confirmed infected people to 46 134.
Furthermore, the situation is as follows:
- A total of 3 959 patients have been admitted to hospital. In the last 24 hours, there were 204 new admissions.
- A total of 891 patients are in intensive care units, a decrease of 43 patients in the last 24 hours.
- Since 15 March, 10 785 patients have recovered and have been discharged from hospital, an increase of 368 in the last 24 hours.
- A total of 7 094 people have died, an increase of 178 in the last 24 hours. With regard to these 178 deaths, 75 have occured in hospital and 103 in a rest and care home. In the latter group, 58% are confirmed Covid-19 cases.
- Of the 7 094 people who died, 45% died in hospital, 53% in a rest and care home, 0% at home and 0% elsewhere. The hospital deaths are all confirmed cases. The deaths in rest homes are both confirmed (10%) and suspected (90%) cases.
The number of people confirmed infected in Belgium is still increasing. The number of new hospitalizations is stabilizing, but remains fairly high. So persevere and follow the general measures, take good care of yourself and of others.
Are you sick? (fever, coughing, respiratory problems, etc.) Then follow the advice of the FPS Public Health and:
- stay at home
- contact your doctor directly by telephone
- follow the recommendations on the website https://www.info-coronavirus.be/en/. That way, everyone will help to slow the progress of the pandemic and protect the most vulnerable among us.