On Wednesday April 15, 1 236 new cases were reported. 834 patients reside in Flanders, 329 in Wallonia and 64 in Brussels. We have no information about the place of residence of the other 9 cases.
Since the beginning of the pandemic, 34 809 cases of Covid-19 infections have been detected.
Furthermore, the situation is as follows:
- A total of 5 309 patients have been admitted to hospital. In the last 24 hours, there were 310 new admissions.
- A total of 1 182 patients have been admitted to intensive care units, a light decrease of 22 in the last 24 hours.
- Since 15 March, 7 526 patients have recovered and have been discharged from hospital, an increase of 455 in the last 24 hours.
- A total of 4 857 people have died, an increase of 417 in the last 24 hours. With regard to the deaths during the last 24 hours, 127 have occured in hospital, 289 in a rest and care home. In this last group, 31% are confirmed Covid-19 cases.
- Of the 4 857 people who died, 49% died in hospital, 49% in a rest and care home, 0.4% at home and 0.5% in another place. The deaths in hospital are all confirmed cases. Deaths in rest homes are either confirmed cases (6,5%) or suspected cases (94%).
The number of cases in our country is increasing. The number of news hospitalizations is slightly decreasing, but remains fairly high. So, stand fast and apply the general measures, take care of yourself and of the others.
Are you sick (fever, cough, breathing problems, …)?
- Stay home.
- Contact immediately your treating doctor.
- Follow the recommendations on this website: https://www.info-coronavirus.be. By doing so, everyone can help slow down the spread of the epidemic and protect the most vulnerable people.
Click here for a daily updated report on the (inter)national epidemiological situation of the coronavirus published by Sciensano (available in French and Dutch only).