On Friday 24 April, 1 032 new cases were reported. 431 patients live in Flanders, 355 in Wallonia and 128 in Brussels. We have no information as to where the other 118 cases live. This brings the total number of confirmed infected people to 45 325.
Furthermore, the situation is as follows:
- A total of 4 195 patients have been admitted to hospital. In the last 24 hours, there were 217 new admissions.
- A total of 934 patients are in intensive care units, a decrease of 36 patients in the last 24 hours.
- Since 15 March, 10 417 patients have recovered and have been discharged from hospital, an increase of 295 in the last 24 hours.
- A total of 6 917 people have died, an increase of 241 in the last 24 hours. With regard to these 241 deaths, 72 have occured in hospital and 164 in a rest and care home. In the latter group, 58% are confirmed Covid-19 cases. Of the 241 new deaths, 58 took place in rest and care homes in Flanders. These were not reported yesterday due to a technical problem.
- Of the 6 917 people who died, 46% died in hospital, 53% in a rest and care home, 0% at home and 0% elsewhere. The hospital deaths are all confirmed cases. The deaths in rest homes are both confirmed (8%) and suspected (92%) cases.
The number of people confirmed infected in Belgium is still increasing. The number of new hospitalizations is stabilizing, but remains fairly high. So persevere and follow the general measures, take good care of yourself and of others.
Are you sick? (fever, coughing, respiratory problems, etc.) Then follow the advice of the FPS Public Health and:
- stay at home
- contact your doctor directly by telephone
- follow the recommendations on the website https://www.info-coronavirus.be/en/. That way, everyone will help to slow the progress of the pandemic and protect the most vulnerable among us.