The trends of the last days seem to persist
On Wednesday 22 April, 908 new cases were reported. 386 patients live in Flanders, 342 in Wallonia and 116 in Brussels. We have no information as to where the other 64 cases live. This brings the total number of confirmed infected people to 42 797.
Furthermore, the situation is as follows:
- A total of 4 527 patients have been admitted to hospital. In the last 24 hours, there were 211 new admissions.
- A total of 993 patients have been admitted to intensive care units, a decrease of 27 patients in the last 24 hours.
- Since 15 March, 9 800 patients have recovered and have been discharged from hospital, an increase of 367 in the last 24 hours.
- A total of 6 490 people have died, an increase of 230 in the last 24 hours. With regard to these 230 deaths, 93 have occured in hospital and 134 in a rest and care home. In the latter group, 28% are confirmed Covid-19 cases.
- Of the 6 490 people who died, 46% died in hospital, 53% in a rest and care home, <1% at home and <1% elsewhere. The hospital deaths are all confirmed cases. The deaths in rest homes are both confirmed (5%) and suspected (95%) cases.
Presentation of the figures (press conference) picture_as_pdf
The number of people confirmed infected in Belgium is still increasing. The number of new hospitalizations is stabilizing, but remains fairly high. So persevere and follow the general measures, take good care of yourself and of others.
Are you sick? (fever, coughing, respiratory problems, etc.) Then follow the advice of the FPS Public Health and:
- stay at home
- contact your doctor directly by telephone
- follow the recommendations on the website https://www.info-coronavirus.be/en/. That way, everyone will help to slow the progress of the pandemic and protect the most vulnerable among us.
View the full daily report on the (inter)national epidemiological situation of the coronavirus.