On Wednesday June 17, 104 new cases were reported. Of these, 69 live in Flanders, 13 in Wallonia and 22 in Brussels. This brings the total number of confirmed infected people to 60 348.
The rest of the situation is as follows:
- A total of 344 patients have been admitted to hospital. Over the past 24 hours, there have been 19 new admissions.
- There are a total of 60 patients in intensive care, which is a decrease of 7 patients in the past 24 hours.
- 16 724 patients have been discharged from hospital and declared cured since 15 March, which is an increase of 40 in the past 24 hours.
- A total of 9 683 deaths have been reported, which is an increase of 10 in the past 24 hours. Of those 10 people, 5 died in hospital and 5 in a residential care centre. In the latter group, 60% were confirmed by a COVID test.
- Of the total of 9 683 people, 49% died in hospital, 50% in a residential care centre, 0.5% in other residential communities and 0.6% at home or elsewhere. Most hospital deaths (95%) are confirmed cases. The deaths in residential care centres were both confirmed (27%) and suspected (73%) cases.
The virus has not disappeared from Belgian territory. Keep on following the tips to protect yourself and your family .
If you are ill (fever, coughing, respiratory problems, etc.), then please follow the advice of the FPS Public Health and:
- stay at home
- contact your doctor directly by telephone
- follow the recommendations on the website https://www.info-coronavirus.be/en/.