On Tuesday 28 April, 525 new cases were reported. 263 patients live in Flanders, 174 in Wallonia and 75 in Brussels. We have no information as to where the other 13 cases live. This brings the total number of confirmed infected people to 47 859.
Furthermore, the situation is as follows:
- A total of 4 050 patients have been admitted to hospital. In the last 24 hours, there were 174 new admissions.
- A total of 797 patients are in intensive care units, a decrease of 79 patients in the last 24 hours.
- Since 15 March, 11 283 patients have recovered and have been discharged from hospital, an increase of 340 in the last 24 hours.
- A total of 7 501 people have died, an increase of 170 in the last 24 hours. With regard to these 170 deaths, 69 have occured in hospital and 98 in a rest and care home. In the latter group, 73% are confirmed Covid-19 cases.
- Of the 7 501 people who died, 46% died in hospital, 53% in a rest and care home, 0.3% at home and 0.4% elsewhere. The hospital deaths are all confirmed cases. The deaths in rest homes are both confirmed (13%) and suspected (87%) cases.
The number of people confirmed infected in Belgium is still increasing. The number of new hospitalisations is stabilizing, but remains fairly high. So persevere and follow the general measures, take good care of yourself and of others.
Are you sick? (fever, coughing, respiratory problems, etc.) Then follow the advice of the FPS Public Health and:
- stay at home
- contact your doctor directly by telephone
- follow the recommendations on the website https://www.info-coronavirus.be/en/. That way, everyone will help to slow the progress of the pandemic and protect the most vulnerable among us.