An average of 85.1 new cases of COVID-19 per day
The development of the epidemic is monitored by using a 7-day average and in comparison to the infection events of the previous week. This method enables us to clearly show the respective trends, regardless of the fluctuations in the daily figures..
The trend in new infections is downward.
###CURRENT LOCAL INFECTION SITUATION
To track the infection at a local level, visit our website, which shows the situation in each municipality. It contains data on the incidence of the coronavirus SARS-CoV-2 per municipality based on 3 indicators:
- 7-day cumulative incidence (number of new infections in the last 7 days divided by the population of the specific municipality, multiplied by 100,000);
- Number of consecutive days on which at least one new infection was reported;
- Number of days on which there is an increase in new infections compared to the previous day, over a period of 7 days.
2. Daily figures
The daily figures are available online via the Sciensano COVID-19 dashboard.
- New infections (according to diagnosis date and no longer according to the date of notification to Sciensano as before);
Monitoring of new infections takes place 7 days a week and the alert system for regional health services also remains constantly active. You can consult the current local situation and the current daily figures for new infections at any time via the links above. Hospitalizations and deaths - these are slightly longer-term indicators - are only analyzed on working days.
Dashboard and datasets are updated daily at 4.00 am.
The press release (daily) and the epidemiological report (Tuesday-Saturday) are published at 9:00 a.m. each time.
The virus has not disappeared from Belgian territory. Keep on following the tips to protect yourself and your family.
If you are ill (fever, coughing, respiratory problems, etc.), then please follow the advice of the FPS Public Health and:
- stay at home
- contact your doctor directly by telephone
- follow the recommendations on the website https://www.info-coronavirus.be/en/.