89 new infections
On Monday June 8, 89 new cases were reported. Of these, 44 live in Flanders, 34 in Wallonia and 11 in Brussels. This brings the total number of confirmed infected people to 59 437.
The rest of the situation is as follows:
- A total of 573 patients have been admitted to hospital. Over the past 24 hours, there have been 16 new admissions.
- There are a total of 115 patients in intensive care, which is a decrease of 1 patients in the past 24 hours.
- 16 324 patients have been discharged from hospital and declared cured since 15 March, which is an increase of 9 in the past 24 hours.
- A total of 9 619 deaths have been reported, which is an increase of 13 in the past 24 hours. Of those 13 people, 13 died in hospital and 0 in a residential care centre.
- Of the total of 9 619 people, 48% died in hospital, 50% in a residential care centre, 0.5% at home and 0.6% elsewhere. Most hospital deaths (95%) are confirmed cases. The deaths in residential care centres were both confirmed (26%) and suspected (74%) cases.
View the full daily report on the (inter)national epidemiological situation of the coronavirus. picture_as_pdf
New infections continue to be diagnosed in our territory, but the trends are going downwards. So please persevere and follow the general measures, take good care of yourself and of others.
If you are ill (fever, coughing, respiratory problems, etc.), then please follow the advice of the FPS Public Health and:
- stay at home
- contact your doctor directly by telephone
- follow the recommendations on the website https://www.info-coronavirus.be/en/.
This way, everyone will help to slow the progress of the pandemic and protect the most vulnerable among us.