On Friday June 19, 74 new cases were reported. Of these, 56 live in Flanders, 11 in Wallonia and 7 in Brussels. This brings the total number of confirmed infected people to 60 550.
The rest of the situation is as follows:
- A total of 308 patients have been admitted to hospital. Over the past 24 hours, there have been 20 new admissions.
- There are a total of 50 patients in intensive care, which is a decrease of 2 patients in the past 24 hours.
- 16 771 patients have been discharged from hospital and declared cured since 15 March, which is an increase of 42 in the past 24 hours.
- A total of 9 696 deaths have been reported, which is an increase of 2 in the past 24 hours. Of those 2 people, 2 died in hospital and 0 in a residential care centre.
- Of the total of 9 696 people, 49% died in hospital, 50% in a residential care centre, 0.5% in other residential communities and 0.6% at home or elsewhere. Most hospital deaths (95%) are confirmed cases. The deaths in residential care centres were both confirmed (27%) and suspected (73%) cases.
There will be no update on Sunday and on Monday. The next update will be available on Tuesday 23 June.
The virus has not disappeared from Belgian territory. Keep on following the tips to protect yourself and your family .
If you are ill (fever, coughing, respiratory problems, etc.), then please follow the advice of the FPS Public Health and:
- stay at home
- contact your doctor directly by telephone
- follow the recommendations on the website https://www.info-coronavirus.be/en/.