55 new infections
On Monday June 15, 55 new cases were reported. Of these, 22 live in Flanders, 19 in Wallonia and 14 in Brussels. This brings the total number of confirmed infected people to 60 155.
The rest of the situation is as follows:
- A total of 395 patients have been admitted to hospital. Over the past 24 hours, there have been 11 new admissions.
- There are a total of 76 patients in intensive care, which is a decrease of 9 patients in the past 24 hours.
- 16 625 patients have been discharged from hospital and declared cured since 15 March, which is an increase of 15 in the past 24 hours.
- A total of 9 663 deaths have been reported, which is an increase of 4 in the past 24 hours. All died in hospital.
- Of the total of 9 663 people, 49% died in hospital, 50% in a residential care centre, 0.5% in other residential communities and 0.6% at home or elsewhere. Most hospital deaths (95%) are confirmed cases. The deaths in residential care centres were both confirmed (26%) and suspected (74%) cases.
View the full daily report on the (inter)national epidemiological situation of the coronavirus. picture_as_pdf
The virus has not disappeared from Belgian territory. Keep on following the tips to protect yourself and your family .
If you are ill (fever, coughing, respiratory problems, etc.), then please follow the advice of the FPS Public Health and:
- stay at home
- contact your doctor directly by telephone
- follow the recommendations on the website https://www.info-coronavirus.be/en/.