On Sunday April 12, 942 new cases were reported. 591 patients reside in Flanders, 235 in Wallonia and 113 in Brussels. We have no information about the place of residence of the other 3 cases.
Since the beginning of the pandemic, 30 589 cases of Covid-19 infections have been detected.
Furthermore, the situation is as follows:
- A total of 5 393 patients have been admitted to hospital. In the last 24 hours, there were 310 new admissions.
- A total of 1 234 patients have been admitted to intensive care units, an increase of 2 in the last 24 hours.
- Since 15 March, 6 707 patients have recovered and have been discharged from hospital, an increase of 239 in the last 24 hours.
- A total of 3 903 people have died, an increase of 303 in the last 24 hours.
- Of the 3 903 people who died, 53% died in hospital, 43% in a rest and care home, 0% at home and 3% in another place. All deaths in hospital are confirmed cases. Deaths in rest or care homes are either confirmed or suspected cases.
The number of cases in our country is increasing. The number of new hospitalizations is stabilizing, but remains fairly high. So, stand fast and apply the general measures, take care of yourself and of the others.
Are you sick (fever, cough, breathing problems, …)?
- Stay home.
- Contact immediately your treating doctor.
- Follow the recommendations on this website: https://www.info-coronavirus.be. By doing so, everyone can help slow down the spread of the epidemic and protect the most vulnerable people.
Click here for a daily updated report on the (inter)national epidemiological situation of the coronavirus published by Sciensano (available in French and Dutch only).