On Wednesday June 3, 82 new cases were reported. Of these, 50 live in Flanders, 25 in Wallonia and 7 in Brussels. This brings the total number of confirmed infected people to 58 767.
The rest of the situation is as follows:
- A total of 733 patients have been admitted to hospital. Over the past 24 hours, there have been 21 new admissions.
- There are a total of 143 patients in intensive care, which is an increase of 29 patients in the past 24 hours.
- 16 048 patients have been discharged from hospital and declared cured since 15 March, which is an increase of 89 in the past 24 hours.
- A total of 9 548 deaths have been reported, which is an increase of 28 in the past 24 hours. Of those 28 people, 16 died in hospital and 12 in a residential care centre. In the latter group, 83% were confirmed by a COVID test.
- Of the total of 9 548 people, 48% died in hospital, 51% in a residential care centre, 0.3% at home and 0.5% elsewhere. The hospital deaths are all confirmed cases. The deaths in residential care centres were both confirmed (26%) and suspected (74%) cases.
New infections continue to be diagnosed in our territory, but the trends are going downwards. So please persevere and follow the general measures, take good care of yourself and of others.
If you are ill (fever, coughing, respiratory problems, etc.), then please follow the advice of the FPS Public Health and:
- stay at home
- contact your doctor directly by telephone
- follow the recommendations on the website https://www.info-coronavirus.be/en/.
This way, everyone will help to slow the progress of the pandemic and protect the most vulnerable among us.