On Monday 20 April, 973 new cases were reported. 389 patients live in Flanders, 511 in Wallonia and 60 in Brussels. We have no information as to where the other 13 cases live. This brings the total number of confirmed infected people to 40 956.
Furthermore, the situation is as follows:
- A total of 4 976 patients have been admitted to hospital. In the last 24 hours, there were 172 new admissions.
- A total of 1 079 patients have been admitted to intensive care units, an increase of 8 patients in the last 24 hours.
- Since 15 March, 9 002 patients have recovered and have been discharged from hospital, an increase of 107 in the last 24 hours.
- A total of 5 998 people have died, an increase of 170 in the last 24 hours. With regard to these 170 deaths, 89 have occured in hospital and 80 in a rest and care home. In the latter group, 2.5% are confirmed Covid-19 cases.
- Of the 5 998 people who died, 47% died in hospital, 52% in a rest and care home, 0.4% at home and 0.4% elsewhere. The hospital deaths are all confirmed cases. The deaths in rest homes are both confirmed (4.0%) and suspected (96%) cases.
The number of people confirmed infected in Belgium is still increasing. The number of new hospital admissions is continuing to stabilise, but remains fairly high. So please persevere and follow the general measures, take good care of yourself and of others.
Are you sick? (fever, coughing, respiratory problems, etc.) Then follow the advice of the FPS Public Health and:
- stay at home
- contact your doctor directly by telephone
- follow the recommendations on the website https://www.info-coronavirus.be/en/. That way, everyone will help to slow the progress of the pandemic and protect the most vulnerable among us.