1661 new Covid-19 infections
On Friday April 3, 1 661 new cases were reported. 831 patients reside in Flanders, 652 in Wallonia and 162 in Brussels. We have no information about the place of residence of the other 16 cases.
Since the beginning of the pandemic, 18 431 cases of Covid-19 infections have been detected.
Furthermore, the situation is as follows:
- A total of 5 678 patients have been admitted to hospital, an increase of 503 in the last 24 hours.
- A total of 1 245 patients have been admitted to intensive care units, an increase of 40 in the last 24 hours.
- Since 15 March, 3 247 patients have recovered and have been discharged from hospital, an increase of 375 in the last 24 hours.
- A total of 1 283 people have died, an increase of 140 in the last 24 hours.
Presentation of the figures (press conference)
The number of cases in our country is increasing and this trend will become even more acute in the coming days. The number of hospitalizations will also continue to grow.
So, stand fast and apply the general measures, take care of yourself and of the others.
Are you sick (fever, cough, breathing problems, …)?
- Stay home.
- Contact immediately your treating doctor.
- Follow the recommendations on this website: https://www.info-coronavirus.be. By doing so, everyone can help slow down the spread of the epidemic and protect the most vulnerable people.
Click here for a daily updated report on the (inter)national epidemiological situation of the coronavirus published by Sciensano (available in French and Dutch only).