On Wednesday April 8, 1 580 new cases were reported. 1 049 patients reside in Flanders, 370 in Wallonia and 149 in Brussels. We have no information about the place of residence of the other 12 cases.
Since the beginning of the pandemic, 24 983 cases of Covid-19 infections have been detected.
Furthermore, the situation is as follows:
- A total of 5 590 patients have been admitted to hospital, including 459 new patients in 1 day.
- A total of 1 285 patients have been admitted to intensive care units, an increase of 9 in the last 24 hours.
- Since 15 March, 5 146 patients have recovered and have been discharged from hospital, an increase of 483 in the last 24 hours.
- A total of 2 523 people have died, an increase of 283 in the last 24 hours.
The number of new hospitalizations seems to be stabilizing, but remains fairly high. So, stand fast and apply the general measures, take care of yourself and of the others.
Are you sick (fever, cough, breathing problems, …)?
- Stay home.
- Contact immediately your treating doctor.
- Follow the recommendations on this website: https://www.info-coronavirus.be. By doing so, everyone can help slow down the spread of the epidemic and protect the most vulnerable people.
Click here for a daily updated report on the (inter)national epidemiological situation of the coronavirus published by Sciensano (available in French and Dutch only).