1380 new Covid-19 infections
On Monday April 6, 1 380 new cases were reported. 587 patients reside in Flanders, 734 in Wallonia and 62 in Brussels. We have no information about the place of residence of the other 19 cases.
Since the beginning of the pandemic, 22 194 cases of Covid-19 infections have been detected.
Furthermore, the situation is as follows:
- A total of 6 012 patients have been admitted to hospital, an increase of 314 in the last 24 hours.
- A total of 1 260 patients have been admitted to intensive care units, a light increase of 3 in the last 24 hours.
- Since 15 March, 4 157 patients have recovered and have been discharged from hospital, an increase of 171 in the last 24 hours.
- A total of 2 035 people have died, an increase of 162 in the last 24 hours. 241 additional deaths in nursing homes in Flanders have been notified between 1 April and 4 April.
Presentation of the figures (press conference)
The number of cases in our country is increasing. The number of new hospitalizations seems to be stabilizing, but remains fairly high.
So, stand fast and apply the general measures, take care of yourself and of the others.
Are you sick (fever, cough, breathing problems, …)?
- Stay home.
- Contact immediately your treating doctor.
- Follow the recommendations on this website: https://www.info-coronavirus.be. By doing so, everyone can help slow down the spread of the epidemic and protect the most vulnerable people.
Click here for a daily updated report on the (inter)national epidemiological situation of the coronavirus published by Sciensano (available in French and Dutch only).