1351 new Covid-19 infections
On Friday April 10, 1 351 new cases were reported. 756 patients reside in Flanders, 437 in Wallonia and 149 in Brussels. We have no information about the place of residence of the other 9 cases.
Since the beginning of the pandemic, 28 018 cases of Covid-19 infections have been detected.
Furthermore, the situation is as follows:
- A total of 5 635 patients have been admitted to hospital. In the last 24 hours, there were 421 new admissions.
- A total of 1 262 patients have been admitted to intensive care units, a light decrease of 16 in the last 24 hours.
- Since 15 March, 5 986 patients have recovered and have been discharged from hospital, an increase of 418 in the last 24 hours.
- A total of 3 346 people have died, an increase of 327 in the last 24 hours.
- Of the 3 346 people who died, 55% died in hospital, 42% in a rest and care home, 0% at home and 2% in another place.
Presentation of the figures (press conference)
The number of cases in our country is increasing. The number of new hospitalizations seems to be stabilizing, but remains fairly high. So, stand fast and apply the general measures, take care of yourself and of the others.
Are you sick (fever, cough, breathing problems, …)?
- Stay home.
- Contact immediately your treating doctor.
- Follow the recommendations on this website: https://www.info-coronavirus.be. By doing so, everyone can help slow down the spread of the epidemic and protect the most vulnerable people.
Click here for a daily updated report on the (inter)national epidemiological situation of the coronavirus published by Sciensano (available in French and Dutch only).