1209 new Covid-19 infections
On Tuesday April 7, 1 209 new cases were reported. 544 patients reside in Flanders, 548 in Wallonia and 101 in Brussels. We have no information about the place of residence of the other 16 cases.
Since the beginning of the pandemic, 23 403 cases of Covid-19 infections have been detected.
Furthermore, the situation is as follows:
- A total of 5 688 patients have been admitted to hospital, including 487 new patients in 1 day.
- A total of 1 276 patients have been admitted to intensive care units, an increase of 16 in the last 24 hours.
- Since 15 March, 4 681 patients have recovered and have been discharged from hospital, an increase of 524 in the last 24 hours.
- A total of 2 240 people have died, an increase of 205 in the last 24 hours.
Presentation of the figures (press conference)
The number of new hospitalizations seems to be stabilizing, but remains fairly high. So, stand fast and apply the general measures, take care of yourself and of the others.
Are you sick (fever, cough, breathing problems, …)?
- Stay home.
- Contact immediately your treating doctor.
- Follow the recommendations on this website: https://www.info-coronavirus.be. By doing so, everyone can help slow down the spread of the epidemic and protect the most vulnerable people.
Click here for a daily updated report on the (inter)national epidemiological situation of the coronavirus published by Sciensano (available in French and Dutch only).