1189 new Covid-19 infections
On Thuesday 31 March, 1189 new cases were reported. 688 patients reside in Flanders, 349 in Wallonia and 128 in Brussels. We have no information about the place of residence of the other 24 cases.
Since the beginning of the pandemic, 13 964 cases of Covid-19 infections have been detected.
Furthermore, the situation is as follows:
- A total of 4 995 patients have been admitted to hospital, an increase of 560 in the last 24 hours.
- A total of 1 088 patients have been admitted to intensive care units, an increase of 67 in the last 24 hours.
- Since 15 March, 2 132 patients have recovered and have been discharged from hospital, an increase of 436 in the last 24 hours.
- A total of 828 people have died, an increase of 123 in the last 24 hours.
Presentation of the figures (press conference)
The number of cases in our country is increasing and this trend will become even more acute in the coming days. The number of hospitalizations will also continue to grow.
So, stand fast and apply the general measures, take care of yourself and of the others.
Are you sick (fever, cough, breathing problems, …)?
- Stay home.
- Contact immediately your treating doctor.
- Follow the recommendations on this website: https://www.info-coronavirus.be. By doing so, everyone can help slow down the spread of the epidemic and protect the most vulnerable people.
Click here for a daily updated report on the (inter)national epidemiological situation of the coronavirus published by Sciensano (available in French and Dutch only).