1123 new Covid-19 infections
On Sunday April 5, 1 123 new cases were reported. 686 patients reside in Flanders, 262 in Wallonia and 137 in Brussels. We have no information about the place of residence of the other 38 cases.
Since the beginning of the pandemic, 20 814 cases of Covid-19 infections have been detected.
Furthermore, the situation is as follows:
- A total of 5 840 patients have been admitted to hospital, an increase of 420 in the last 24 hours.
- A total of 1 257 patients have been admitted to intensive care units, a slight decrease of 4 patients in the last 24 hours.
- Since 15 March, 3 986 patients have recovered and have been discharged from hospital, an increase of 235 in the last 24 hours.
- A total of 1 632 people have died, an increase of 185 in the last 24 hours.
Presentation of the figures (press conference)
The number of cases in our country is increasing. The number of new hospitalizations seems to be stabilizing, but remains fairly high.
So, stand fast and apply the general measures, take care of yourself and of the others.
Are you sick (fever, cough, breathing problems, …)?
- Stay home.
- Contact immediately your treating doctor.
- Follow the recommendations on this website: https://www.info-coronavirus.be. By doing so, everyone can help slow down the spread of the epidemic and protect the most vulnerable people.
Click here for a daily updated report on the (inter)national epidemiological situation of the coronavirus published by Sciensano (available in French and Dutch only).