On Saturday May 2, 389 new cases were reported. 187 patients live in Flanders, 107 in Wallonia and 73 in Brussels. We have no information as to where the other 22 cases live. This brings the total number of confirmed infected people to 49 906.
Furthermore, the situation is as follows:
- A total of 3 056 patients have been admitted to hospital. In the last 24 hours, there were 77 new admissions.
- A total of 674 patients are in intensive care units, a decrease of 15 patients in the last 24 hours.
- Since 15 March, 12 309 patients have recovered and have been discharged from hospital, an increase of 98 in the last 24 hours.
- A total of 7 844 people have died, an increase of 79 in the last 24 hours. With regard to these 79 deaths, 44 have occured in hospital and 35 in a rest and care home. In the latter group, 86% are confirmed Covid-19 cases.
- Of the 7 844 people who died, 46% died in hospital, 53% in a rest and care home, 0.3% at home and 0.4% elsewhere. The hospital deaths are all confirmed cases. The deaths in rest homes are both confirmed (17%) and suspected (83%) cases.
The number of people confirmed infected in Belgium is still increasing. The number of new hospitalisations seems to be going down. So persevere and follow the general measures, take good care of yourself and of others.
Are you sick? (fever, coughing, respiratory problems, etc.) Then follow the advice of the FPS Public Health and:
- stay at home
- contact your doctor directly by telephone
- follow the recommendations on the website https://www.info-coronavirus.be/en/. That way, everyone will help to slow the progress of the pandemic and protect the most vulnerable among us.