On Sunday June 14, 71 new cases were reported. Of these, 38 live in Flanders, 18 in Wallonia and 15 in Brussels. This brings the total number of confirmed infected people to 60 100.
The rest of the situation is as follows:
- A total of 397 patients have been admitted to hospital. Over the past 24 hours, there have been 17 new admissions.
- There are a total of 84 patients in intensive care, which is an increase of 2 patients in the past 24 hours.
- 16 610 patients have been discharged from hospital and declared cured since 15 March, which is an increase of 21 in the past 24 hours.
- A total of 9 661 deaths have been reported, which is an increase of 6 in the past 24 hours. Of those 6 people, 3 died in hospital and 3 in a residential care centre. In the latter group, 100% were confirmed by a COVID test.
- Of the total of 9 661 people, 49% died in hospital, 50% in a residential care centre, 0.5% at home and 0.6% elsewhere. Most hospital deaths (95%) are confirmed cases. The deaths in residential care centres were both confirmed (26%) and suspected (74%) cases.
The virus has not disappeared from Belgian territory. Keep on following the tips to protect yourself and your family .
If you are ill (fever, coughing, respiratory problems, etc.), then please follow the advice of the FPS Public Health and:
- stay at home
- contact your doctor directly by telephone
- follow the recommendations on the website https://www.info-coronavirus.be/en/.