On Wednesday 29 April, 660 new cases were reported. 408 patients live in Flanders, 176 in Wallonia and 72 in Brussels. We have no information as to where the other 4 cases live. This brings the total number of confirmed infected people to 48 519.
Furthermore, the situation is as follows:
- A total of 3 609 patients have been admitted to hospital. In the last 24 hours, there were 178 new admissions.
- A total of 769 patients are in intensive care units, a decrease of 28 patients in the last 24 hours.
- Since 15 March, 11 576 patients have recovered and have been discharged from hospital, an increase of 293 in the last 24 hours.
- A total of 7 594 people have died, an increase of 111 in the last 24 hours. With regard to these 111 deaths, 51 have occured in hospital and 60 in a rest and care home. In the latter group, 75% are confirmed Covid-19 cases.
- Of the 7 594 people who died, 46% died in hospital, 53% in a rest and care home, 0.3% at home and 0.4% elsewhere. The hospital deaths are all confirmed cases. The deaths in rest homes are both confirmed (14%) and suspected (86%) cases.
The number of people confirmed infected in Belgium is still increasing. The number of new hospitalisations is stabilizing, but remains fairly high. So persevere and follow the general measures, take good care of yourself and of others.
Are you sick? (fever, coughing, respiratory problems, etc.) Then follow the advice of the FPS Public Health and:
- stay at home
- contact your doctor directly by telephone
- follow the recommendations on the website https://www.info-coronavirus.be/en/. That way, everyone will help to slow the progress of the pandemic and protect the most vulnerable among us.