On Thursday April 9, 1 684 new cases were reported. 915 patients reside in Flanders, 570 in Wallonia and 178 in Brussels. We have no information about the place of residence of the other 21 cases.
Since the beginning of the pandemic, 26 667 cases of Covid-19 infections have been detected.
Furthermore, the situation is as follows:
- A total of 5 610 patients have been admitted to hospital. In the last 24 hours, there were 462 new admissions.
- A total of 1 278 patients have been admitted to intensive care units, a light decrease of 7 in the last 24 hours.
- Since 15 March, 5 568 patients have recovered and have been discharged from hospital, an increase of 404 in the last 24 hours.
- A total of 3 019 people have died, an increase of 325 in the last 24 hours. 171 deaths were reported between 18 and 31 March in rest and care homes in Flanders.
- Of the 3 019 people who died, 57% died in hospital, 40% in a rest and care home, 1% at home and 2% in another place.
The number of cases in our country is increasing. The number of new hospitalizations seems to be stabilizing, but remains fairly high. So, stand fast and apply the general measures, take care of yourself and of the others.
Are you sick (fever, cough, breathing problems, …)?
- Stay home.
- Contact immediately your treating doctor.
- Follow the recommendations on this website: https://www.info-coronavirus.be. By doing so, everyone can help slow down the spread of the epidemic and protect the most vulnerable people.
Click here for a daily updated report on the (inter)national epidemiological situation of the coronavirus published by Sciensano (available in French and Dutch only).