On Friday May 1st, 485 new cases were reported. 313 patients live in Flanders, 128 in Wallonia and 44 in Brussels. This brings the total number of confirmed infected people to 49 517.
Furthermore, the situation is as follows:
- A total of 3 111 patients have been admitted to hospital. In the last 24 hours, there were 128 new admissions.
- A total of 689 patients are in intensive care units, a decrease of 60 patients in the last 24 hours.
- Since 15 March, 12 211 patients have recovered and have been discharged from hospital, an increase of 319 in the last 24 hours.
- A total of 7 765 people have died, an increase of 82 in the last 24 hours. With regard to these 82 deaths, 33 have occured in hospital and 49 in a rest and care home. In the latter group, 80% are confirmed Covid-19 cases.
- Of the 7 765 people who died, 46% died in hospital, 53% in a rest and care home, 0.3% at home and 0.4% elsewhere. The hospital deaths are all confirmed cases. The deaths in rest homes are both confirmed (16%) and suspected (84%) cases.
The number of people confirmed infected in Belgium is still increasing. The number of new hospitalisations is stabilizing, but remains fairly high. So persevere and follow the general measures, take good care of yourself and of others.
Are you sick? (fever, coughing, respiratory problems, etc.) Then follow the advice of the FPS Public Health and:
- stay at home
- contact your doctor directly by telephone
- follow the recommendations on the website https://www.info-coronavirus.be/en/. That way, everyone will help to slow the progress of the pandemic and protect the most vulnerable among us.