On Saterday April 4, 1 260 new cases were reported. 776 patients reside in Flanders, 301 in Wallonia and 169 in Brussels. We have no information about the place of residence of the other 14 cases.
Since the beginning of the pandemic, 19 691 cases of Covid-19 infections have been detected.
Furthermore, the situation is as follows:
- A total of 5 735 patients have been admitted to hospital, an increase of 499 in the last 24 hours.
- A total of 1 261 patients have been admitted to intensive care units, an increase of 16 in the last 24 hours.
- Since 15 March, 3 751 patients have recovered and have been discharged from hospital, an increase of 504 in the last 24 hours.
- A total of 1 447 people have died, an increase of 164 in the last 24 hours.
The number of cases in our country is increasing and this trend will become even more acute in the coming days. The number of hospitalizations will also continue to grow.
So, stand fast and apply the general measures, take care of yourself and of the others.
Are you sick (fever, cough, breathing problems, …)?
- Stay home.
- Contact immediately your treating doctor.
- Follow the recommendations on this website: https://www.info-coronavirus.be. By doing so, everyone can help slow down the spread of the epidemic and protect the most vulnerable people.
Click here for a daily updated report on the (inter)national epidemiological situation of the coronavirus published by Sciensano (available in French and Dutch only).