On Tuesday June 9, 132 new cases were reported. Of these, 83 live in Flanders, 31 in Wallonia and 18 in Brussels. This brings the total number of confirmed infected people to 59 569.
The rest of the situation is as follows:
- A total of 525 patients have been admitted to hospital. Over the past 24 hours, there have been 24 new admissions.
- There are a total of 102 patients in intensive care, which is a decrease of 13 patients in the past 24 hours.
- 16 392 patients have been discharged from hospital and declared cured since 15 March, which is an increase of 68 in the past 24 hours.
- A total of 9 629 deaths have been reported, which is an increase of 10 in the past 24 hours. Of those 10 people, 8 died in hospital and 1 in a residential care centre. In the latter group, 100% were confirmed by a COVID test.
- Of the total of 9 629 people, 48% died in hospital, 50% in a residential care centre, 0.5% at home and 0.6% elsewhere. Most hospital deaths (95%) are confirmed cases. The deaths in residential care centres were both confirmed (26%) and suspected (74%) cases.
New infections continue to be diagnosed in our territory, but the trends are going downwards. So please persevere and follow the general measures, take good care of yourself and of others.
If you are ill (fever, coughing, respiratory problems, etc.), then please follow the advice of the FPS Public Health and:
- stay at home
- contact your doctor directly by telephone
- follow the recommendations on the website https://www.info-coronavirus.be/en/.
This way, everyone will help to slow the progress of the pandemic and protect the most vulnerable among us.