Recommendations for people who are sick and their families
If you are diagnosed with COVID-19
- Do not go outside.
- You may sit in your garden or on your terrace.
- Don’t let other people in your house.
- Don’t visit other people.
- Open your windows.
- Clean once a day the objects that you touch a lot (e.g. door handles, taps, light switches, etc.).
- Stay away from the people who live in your house.
- Use other things than the people who live in your house (e.g. different plates, towels, sheets, etc.).
- Use a different toilet than the people who live in your house, if possible.
- Use a different bathroom than people living in your house, if possible.
- Use a different bedroom than the people living in your house, if possible.
If you are in close contact with a sick person
Avoid physical contact with the sick person as much as possible. If possible, only one person should take care of him/her.
People with chronic respiratory diseases, immunocompromised people and the elderly should avoid taking care of a sick person.
Ventilate the living rooms: open the windows of the room where the patient stays, several times a day for around thirty minutes.
Wash your hands regularly and avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
Avoid sharing dishes, towels or bedding with the sick person. Take your meals separately.
Clean once a day the objects that are touched a lot (e.g. door handles, taps, light switches, etc.).