Here you find more information about the colour codes by region or by country. You can read more about the measures that apply to travelling to and from Belgium here.
For an overview of the European travel situation, please consult the map of the European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control (ECDC) (which is updated every Wednesday).
⚠️ ATTENTION ⚠️: This map is published for information only, the official national updates for Belgium take place on Sunday. This ECDC map cannot be invoked as a legal reason for not complying with the Belgian rules.
Therefore, the colour codes published on this page are the only ones taken into account for risk assessment (e.g. used for the Passenger Locator Form).
Each country is given a colour code. The measures applicable to travel to Belgium depend on the colour code assigned to the country in question.
- Red colour code: regions or countries where individuals are at a high risk of infection.
- Orange colour code: regions or countries for which a moderately elevated risk of infection has been identified.
- Green colour code: regions or countries for which a low risk of infection has been identified.
For countries in the EU and the Schengen Area
- This list is updated every Sunday and is valid from the Monday immediately following.It is based on the data and criteria communicated by the European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control (ECDC) every Thursday.
- Has the colour code changed to red? In that case, the colour code is valid as from the Wednesday following the Sunday notification.
- All EU and Schengen Area countries have a green colour code, with the exception of:
|Denmark||Zealand, Central Jutland, North Jutland, Southern Denmark||Capital Region of Denmark|
|Greece||South Aegean, Western Macedonia, Epirus, Thessaly, Ionian Islands, Western Greece, Peloponnese, North Aegean, Central Macedonia, Central Greece||Attica, Crete|
|Finland||Helsinki-Uusimaa, South Finland||/|
|France||Guadeloupe, Ile-de-France, Languedoc-Roussillon, Midi-Pyrénées, Provence-Alpes-Côte d’Azur, Lower Normandy, Upper Normandy, Nord-Pas de Calais, Picardy, Alsace, Chapagne-Ardenne, Lorraine, Pays de la Loire, Brittany, Aquitaine, Limousin, Poitou-Charentes, Auvergne, Rhône-Alpes||Martinique, French Guiana, Réunion|
|Italy||Sicily, Sardinia, Veneto, Lazio||/|
|Netherlands||/||Groningen, Friesland, Drenthe, Overijssel, Gelderland, Flevoland, Utrecht, North Holland, South Holland, Zeeland, North Brabant, Limburg|
|Portugal||Autonomous Region of Madeira||North, Algarve, Center (PT), Lisbon Metropolitan Area, Alentejo, Autonomous Region of the Azores|
|Spain||/||Aragon, Catalonia, Cantabria, La Rioja, Andalusia, Canary Islands, Valencian Community, Asturias, Basque Country, Navarre, Communidad de Madrid, Castilla y León, Extremadura, Baleares, Murcia, Galicia, Castilla-La Mancha, Melilla|
|Sweden||All with the exception of Upper Norrland, Middle Norrland, East Middle Sweden, South Sweden, West Sweden, North Middle Sweden (green)||/|
|Switzerland||Lake Genova Region, Zürich, Central Switzerland, Ticino, Northwestern Switzerland, Eastern Switzerland||/|
|Vatican City||Vatican City||/|
! As of Wednesdag 28 July 2021, the following regions will have a red colour code:
- Greece: South Aegean, Epirus, Thessaly, Ionian Islands
- Spain: Ceuta
- France: Corse-du-Sud, Guadeloupe
- Ireland: Northern and Western, Southern, Eastern and Midland
For third countries
- All countries listed in Annex 1 of the EU Council Recommendation on the temporary restriction of non-essential travel to the EU and its possible lifting are given a colour code (You can find more information on this Recommendation here). This list is updated every two weeks by the Council of the EU. Colour code green, orange or red is assigned by analogy with the criteria used by ECDC for the EU/Schengen countries. Currently, the following countries are on the list:
- Albania : green
- Australia: green
- New Zealand: green
- Ukraine: green
- Singapore: green
- South Korea: green
- Israel: orange
- Japan: green
- Lebanon: orange
- Republic of North Macedonia: green
- Serbia: green
- United States of America: orange
- Hongkong Special Administrative Region: green
- Macau Special Administrative Region: green
- Taiwan as entity and territorial authority that is not recognised as state by at least one member state: green
- Armenia: green
- Azerbaijan: green
- Bosnia and Herzegovina: green
- Brunei Darussalam: green
- Canada: green
- Jordan: orange
- Kosovo: green
- Moldova: green
- Montenegro: green
- Qatar: green
- Saudi Arabia: green
China will not be resumed because the condition of reciprocity has not been met and is therefore coloured red.
- All other third countries are to be given a red colour.
Please note that in addition to the colour code red, third countries may also be classified as “very high risk countries”, to which additional stricter measures apply.